Methyl B12 Folate includes a concentrated and bioavailable source of two key B vitamins: B12 and folate. This comprehensive blend helps support numerous systems in the body.
Vitamin B12 works along with folate in many body processes. These include increasing metabolic energy and red blood cell production, supporting mood regulation and cognitive function, up-regulating methylation, increasing DNA synthesis and repair, and supporting the formation of the protective myelin sheath, the insulating exterior that speeds up nerve cell transmission.
Most B12 supplements contain cyanocobalamin. In order for B12 to be utilized in the body, the liver must first remove the cyanide molecule and attach a methyl group to form methylcobalamin, the biologically active, tissue-ready form. Research has shown that methylcobalamin is more efficiently used and retained in the body than the cyanocobalamin form.
This formulation of Methyl B12 includes a concentrated and bioavailable source of two key B vitamins: B12 and folate. Each tablet provides 5,000 mcg of methylcobalamin and 1,000 mcg of folate as Quatrefolic® (100% 5-MTHF). This synergistic blend of methyl-donating B vitamins quickly boosts tissue and brain levels to support numerous systems in the body.
About this product:
- INCLUDES HIGH-CONCENTRATION, FAST-ABSORBING BIOACTIVE METHYLCOBALAMIN AND METHYL FOLATE
- REJUVENATES NERVE CELL FUNCTION AND BOOSTS COGNITIVE HEALTH: B12 has been shown to be beneficial for maintaining a positive mental outlook because it acts as a methyl donor and increases the synthesis of s-adenosylmethionine (SAM-e), a nutrient that has powerful mood and sleep-cycle regulating properties. Due to B12’s ability to increase the production of neurotransmitters and nerve cell transmission, B12 has been shown to improve cognitive function. 5-MTHF plays a significant role in mood regulation as it is required as a methyl group donor for the production of neurotransmitters such as serotonin.
- BOOSTS ENERGY LEVELS AND SUPPORTS RED BLOOD CELL PRODUCTION: Vitamin B12 plays a large role as a cofactor in enzymes involved in the metabolism of proteins, fats and carbohydrates, and is required to produce succinyl CoA, an intermediary in the Kreb’s cycle that generates cellular energy in the form of adenosine triphosphate (ATP). Due to its role in the production of ATP, vitamin B12 deficiency is often characterized by fatigue and weakness. Supplementation with methylcobalamin and 5-MTHF has been shown to promote increased energy levels.
- PROMOTES CARDIOVASCULAR HEALTH AND HOMOCYSTEINE BALANCE: Homocysteine is a molecule which is synthesized in the body from the amino acid methionine. Maintaining healthy homocysteine balance is crucial for supporting arterial and cardiovascular health. Both 5-MTHF and methylcobalamin are required to maintain optimal homocysteine balance. 5-MTHF acts as a methyl donor, providing a methyl group to vitamin B12. The methylated form of B12 (methylcobalamin) then transfers the methyl group to homocysteine, resulting in consistent recycling of homocysteine to methionine.
- SUPPORTS A POSITIVE MOOD AND HEALTHY SLEEP CYCLE REGULATION: Methylcobalamin and 5-MTHF are both required nutrients for the biosynthesis of melatonin, the hormone that helps induce sleep. Within the central nervous system, the neurotransmitter serotonin is converted into melatonin in a pathway that requires the donation of a methyl group.