What Is Ozone Therapy?
Ozone therapy uses ozone, a colorless gas made up of three oxygen atoms, and it may be applied through injection or insufflation, which can be used to treat a range of underlying health issues. In medicine, ozone therapy is used to detox, disinfect, treat diseases and improve the body’s intake and use of oxygen, as well as activating the immune system.
Benefits of Medical Ozone Therapy
Medical ozone activates RBC metabolism. It binds to RBCs and improves the release from the RBC to the tissue where it is actively needed. At the same time increases the production of ATP, the energy required by the RBC to perform their function. Medical ozone increases the capacity to become more flexible improving their ability to get into the peripheral and microvascular spaces. Therefore, more oxygen circulating the body, more oxygen getting to the tissues in our body thereby optimizing all our metabolic functions.
medical ozone activates the immune system by stimulating special messenger cells that communicate with the immune system and thus boosting or modulating our response. When our immune system is low it will provide added support to our immunity. In the case of autoimmune responses, it will help bring our immune system back into balance.
Indirect influence on multiple anti-inflammatory components of the immune system as it interacts with various cells. This can help patients with autoimmune diseases.
decreases the pain response by reducing oxidation to and around nerve endings.
this occurs in the liver and the kidneys, both for the organs themselves as well as for their function in the body.
- Varied response to coagulation – at high doses increases coagulation and haemostasias in blood vessels, at low levels increases fibrinolytic activity (breaking up of coagulation).
- Antioxidant andIncreases oxygenation- Medical ozone helps to regulate the antioxidant enzymes and reduces the impact of oxidative stress on our body. Optimization of the pro- and antioxidant systems in the body, helping to balance the immune system.
- Oxidative stress - Medical ozone helps prevent oxidative stress by regulating our anti-oxidant
- Detoxify from the liver. Antioxidants can also be used when not administering ozone to help limit inflammation
Medical Ozone also helps-
- Increase our resilience to stress
- Increase stamina throughout the day
- Enhances sleep patterns
- Improves memory
- Increases our rate of recovery from chronic symptoms
What Conditions does Ozone Therapy Treat?
- 👉 Infections of bacterial, viral, fungal, protozoan in origin
- 👉 Autoimmune disorders
- 👉 Inflammatory conditions
- 👉 Conditions like fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, chronic mold exposure,
- 👉 Lyme viral diseases, such as Hepatitis, Mumps, Measles, Hepatitis C, HIV, Lupus
- 👉 Ischemic heart disease
- 👉 Macular degeneration
- 👉 cancer
- 👉 Asthma/Allergies
- 👉 Chronic Fatigue
- 👉 Chronic Yeast Infection
- 👉 Fibromyalgia
- 👉 Dementia
- 👉 Anti-inflammatory
- 👉 Multiple Sclerosis
- 👉 Viral Infections – Hepatitis, Mumps, Measles, Hepatitis C, HIV, Lupus
- 👉 Non-Healing Wounds
- 👉 Respiratory Infection- Sinusitis, Pneumonia, Tuberculosis and Bronchitis
- 👉 Rheumatoid Arthritis
- 👉 Shingles / Herpes
- 👉 Staph Infections / MRSA
- 👉 Gout
- 👉 Poison Ivy
- 👉 Fractures
- Back pain
- GI distress
- Cancer (all)
- Heart failure
- Gallbladder disease
- 👉 Hypertension
- 👉 Type 2 diabetes
- 👉 Atherosclerosis
- 👉 Stroke
- 👉 Renal failure
- 👉 Herpes I, II
- 👉 RA
- 👉 MS
- 👉 ALS
- 👉 Sinus infections
- 👉 Digestive diseases
- 👉 Crohn’s disease
- 👉 IBS
- 👉 Kidney disease
Ozone IR Sauna
Research has shown that frequent use of a sauna can prolong life, improve sleep quality, burn excess fat, and decrease your chances of dying from heart disease by as much as 70%. Health benefits aside, the heat from an infrared steam sauna soothes your nerve endings and relaxes your muscles. It causes your body to release endorphins and enkephalins and gives you a euphoric feeling. As we age or get sicker, our cells get worse at utilizing oxygen.
”Regular sauna sessions can increase the level of oxygen in tissues by decreasing the way hemoglobin binds up the oxygen in the venous blood. “Dr. Velio Bocci of University of Siena Department of Physiology and his team’s research has shown ozone sauna can result in higher blood oxygen levels compared to a regular steam sauna. The reason is that ozone improves the body’s ability to absorb, deliver, and utilize oxygen. Ozone also modulates the immune system (ie. ozone can reduce inflammation or if your immune system is sluggish, ozone sauna can improve it by stimulating cytokine function.) Ozone stimulates detoxification and increases antioxidant enzymes by as much as 300% to eliminate free radicals that are the cause of aging and all chronic degenerative diseases. Ozone also increases nitric oxide production. Nitric oxide is critical for heart, circulatory health, immune function, blood pressure, and sexual function (Viagra works by increasing nitric oxide levels). Ozone sauna is great for the skin since the skin is loaded with dendritic cells and ozone can activate their function by as much as 400%. Activating dendritic cell function improves our immune system. Ozone is the most powerful disinfectant. There are no known microbes (Bacteria, fungi, and viruses) that are resistant to ozone. Ozone is effective at killing even super antibiotic-resistant bugs.
It takes about 2 rectal insufflation treatments to reach the benefits of one ozone IV. Rectal ozone is also great for the liver and detox as well as digestive ailments and infections.
Ear-Finally a quick and effective treatment for ear infections! Literally takes 3 minutes. Ozone is antimicrobial and kills viruses, bacteria, fungi and more. The common prescription for ear infections are antibiotics which kill bacteria and are essentially useless against viruses that more commonly cause ear infections.
According to the theory of Chinese medicine, the human body is considered as a dynamic organism composed of internal and external organs, connected with channels called meridians. Through these meridians, qi (pronounced chee) or vital energy, is flowing constantly all over the body to support and nourish the organs. Yin and Yang balance is adjusted by the flow of qi. A healthy body requires a free flow of qi, whereas disorders occur when meridians are blocked, and the flow of qi is stopped. Acupuncture is capable of unblocking the meridians, freeing the flow of qi, restoring the balance, and consequently treat the disorders. A considerable amount of scientific research has been conducted to explore mechanisms of acupuncture on physiology and pathophysiology of the human body. For instance:
Everything in the universe is electromagnetic: +/- charges. Ozone is an electron-deficient molecule. Ozone is made from oxygen, O2 and becomes O3 = highly reactive. Ozone steals electrons from anything that can’t defend itself against it: virus, fungus, yeast, mold, bacteria, parasites, toxins, harmful free radicals can’t defend and combines with ozone and either destroys it or eliminates it from the body.
03 is not a guided-missile, therefore it will enter the body and go after anything present and destroy it.
Ozone will also interact with pharmaceuticals and nutraceuticals yet these are relatively minute as per the volume of blood (~400ml). Therefore, typically there are no negative changes, but rather synergistic.
Just like any other medication you’ve used repetition is King. When have you ever given one dose of any medication and gotten rid of the problem? Often we take medication several times a day for weeks, months, years. Therefore, we need to do ozone therapy more frequently to get rid of the problem. Oftentimes, three to four times a week is the minimum.
Need 3 hours between treatments to make it safe. Ozone enters your body and lasts for approximately 10 minutes and promotes glutathione production when it meets with proteins in your blood.
Ozone creates reactive oxygen species: alkenes, alkynes, super oxygen ions, peroxides, peroxiles. Ozone also creates lipid oxidation products: Alpha Beta interferon, il 2, 6, 7, 8, 9, TNcF. It is like a vitamin bottle in the body for a couple of hours. Needs approximately one hour for waste removal to avoid herxheimer reaction. Therefore, you can do two treatments a day, 6 days a week = 12 in a week.
What does the procedure look like?
You will need to take an extra dose of blood-thinning agents such as fish oil before the procedure. You will arrive in the clinic and have an IV placed that will draw out blood and put it in a reservoir. The blood in this reservoir is then mixed with ozone gas and released back into your body. This constitutes one pass. Our machine offers up to 10 passes as tolerated by the patient. A full ozone IV therapy should take about 1.5 hours per session and can be repeated 1-2 times per week depending on the severity of what’s being treated.
Ozone can also be used topically to aid with slow-healing wounds or can be ingested as ozonated water for similar results. Ozone can also be injected into the joints or into body cavities if needed for some treatments.
Oxygen is the most critical nutrient that we use in the body. The benefits of oxygen are not just about how much oxygen we are able to take in, but in what way that oxygen is utilized. As we age, the efficiency at which we utilize oxygen decreases locally and systemically, resulting in decreased cellular function throughout the whole body. In addition, when there is not enough oxygen, our bodies generate excessive free radicals leading to degenerative diseases and premature aging. Ozone is a compound that contains three oxygen molecules. When administered in our body it super- oxygenates the blood causing increased production of the enzymes that form antioxidants and improved mitochondrial function. Ozone stimulates oxygenation, improves energy production and metabolism, modulates our immune system, and acts as a direct antimicrobial agent (useful in treating bacteria, viral, parasitic and fungal infections). Through these processes ozone decreases the ailments of aging and degenerative diseases.
Standards Defining Medical Ozone is Safe
- Ozone generators that are compliant and certified to strict quality and safety operational guidelines
- Use a closed system that prevents any residue of medical ozone from escaping during the production of medical ozone
- Professionals use specific standard operating procedures for the collection of medical ozone
- Use define protocols to apply medical ozone
Why Is Ozone Therapy Important?
Oxygen deficit is key to the development and progression of all disease processes. Oxygen deficit and subsequent toxin buildup is the fundamental cause of all degenerative disease, especially cancers. Antioxidants help the body to protect itself from excessive oxidative damage caused by multiple free radicals, many of which are inactivated by ozone. Ozone therapy increases oxygen in the body, therefore having many benefits. Ozone therapy benefits include strengthening of the immune system, stimulating white blood cells, preventing infections and immune
system deficiencies by destroying fungi, bacteria and viruses. It also helps to counteract cell mutations, thereby preventing some types of cancer. It also helps red blood cells to transport oxygen and improves circulation and general cell function. As well as being a powerful antioxidant, it helps to eliminate toxins.
What Science Says About It?
The action mechanism of it is stimulation of O₂ and inactivation of microorganisms including bacteria, fungi and viruses. It has been found effective in Asthma and other related diseases, which involve inflammation. In osteoarthritis, it has been used for pain control in the knee. The ozone therapy has normalized the organic peroxide levels, in order to reduce the Diabetic complications. In another study, the therapy has increased the cytokines level, thus helping in boosting the host immunity. It was also effective in lowering the concentrations of Acinetobacter baumannii, and Clostridium difficile concentrations, in vitro.
No Harm According To Medical Research
Medical O₃ is used for disinfection. It has safe and consistent benefits, with some minimal harms associated. O₃ action results in oxidation and formation of free radicals. As a result, a reaction cascade is started, and membrane permeability of the affected cells’ changes. Enzymes got inactivated, due to the loss of functional group, that occurs due to O₃ action. All of these actions have led to cell death. The main problem with this therapy is the formation of radicals and oxides. It can be prevented by measured release and use of ozone.
Some doctors and other medical professionals have concerns about the effectiveness and safety of ozone therapy. Ozone therapy is clinically proven safe for humans and is CE Approved. However, because it uses ozone gas, which can be dangerous, researchers continue to explore its effects on the human body and identify potential therapeutic benefits.
Ozone treatments differ, depending on the condition:
- For treatment of a wound, ozone treatments may be applied directly to the tissue of the affected area, administered in a protective covering.
- For treatment of internal disorders, ozone treatments may be applied intravenously through autohemotherapy. The gas is dissolved into your blood, which is drawn and then injected back into your vein.
- For other disorders, ozone treatments may be applied as an intramuscular injection, in ozonated water or as part of a sauna treatment.
By increasing the oxygen levels in your blood, ozone therapy may help reduce the stress on your lungs and can be effective for breathing disorders. Ozone therapy also shows promise in reducing the risk of complications from diabetes. Because it appears to help stimulate the immune system, ozone therapy may have benefits for people with immune disorders as well.
You should make sure you receive ozone therapy under the supervision of a trained medical expert to help cut down on risks and ensure your treatment is as safe as possible.
According to the National Institutes of Health, ozone therapy has been studied extensively by scientists and medical professionals for over 150 years. The effectiveness of medical O3 is well documented:
- Ozone therapy is used successfully as a natural disinfectant and immune system activator.
- Doctors have used ozone therapy successfully to treat rheumatism/arthritis and other autoimmune diseases, circulatory disorders, geriatric conditions, ischemic heart disease, breathing disorders, cancer, macular degeneration, viral diseases, SARS and AIDS. They also have used it to activate the immune system for better health and vitality.
- Ozone has been used to treat as many as 114 diseases.
- In 1896, Nikola Tesla established Tesla Ozone Company and patented the first O3 generator in the U.S., Patent #568,177.
- Ozone was used to disinfect drinking water in the 1900s.
- From 1914 to 1918, during World War I, doctors applied O3 topically to infected wounds, including gangrene—first because of its antibacterial properties and later after discovering O3 also has anti-inflammatory properties and aids blood flow.
- In 1936, French physician P Aubourg wrote the first paper on ozone blood infusion.
- In 1940, ozone was used to purify swimming pools and to disinfect contaminated spaces.
- In 2001, Paul Wentworth, Ph.D., a chemistry professor for Scripps Institute, discovered that our immune system produces ozone to disable viruses and other pathogens by punching holes in their outer membranes.
- In 2020, ozonated blood (major autohemotherapy ozone therapy or MAH) was successful in treating COVID-19 patients in Italy.
All over the world, academic institutions and companies continue to sponsor and conduct government-approved ozone therapy studies because earlier studies have proven so many benefits.
Ozone is a gas that was discovered in the mid-19th century. Ozone therapy has been in use medically since its discovery. It has been used to treat people’s infections, wounds and a variety of diseases with proven, consistent results and minimal side effects.
Another myth is that ozone therapy is a rare and unavailable treatment. Ozone therapy is available in over 50 countries and is one of the most common forms of treatment in Russia, Cuba, Germany and other countries. Forty ozone therapy associations exist in Africa, Europe, Asia, Oceania and America, with over 26,000 known therapists throughout the world.
What is new about ozone therapy—and is often called revolutionary—is the HOCATT wellness system for ozone therapy.
HOCATT stands for hyperthermic ozone and carbonic acid transdermal therapy. The HOCATT is a single-person capsule that immerses your body in steam, ozone and far infrared therapy. While in the chamber, you can also experience aromatherapy, frequencies targeted to your therapeutic goals, and pulsed electromagnetic field (PEMF) therapy that charges your body with electrons.
The HOCATT experience improves energy, supports the immune system, reduces pain and inflammation, and enhances detoxification up to seven times more than a regular sauna.
Designed by doctors and academics, this ozone therapy system is created to :
- Enhance the body’s detoxification of harmful bacteria, viruses, heavy metals, chemicals and other pathogens.
- Promote organ and cell function.
- Improve blood and lymphatic circulation.
- Strengthen the body’s protective immune and regeneration system.
Many medical professionals say it’s the most advanced system ever developed for detoxing, anti-aging, fitness and recovery and general wellness.
You can’t live life to the fullest when you’re feeling sick and miserable from an autoimmune disorder or a virus/bacterial infection. The Resurge Clinic offers ozone therapy to help you feel secure about your health and the future.
We have helped thousands of men and women feel their best, providing the best treatments possible. We stay up to date on industry trends and new therapies through advanced training four times a year and are always up front about what you can expect from your treatment.
If you’re tired of worrying about getting sick or fed up with the effects of autoimmune disease, schedule a consultation with The Resurge Clinic to learn more about ozone therapy. We’ll discuss your options and help you make the best decision for your body goals.